Capturing Kids’ Hearts is coming to Humble ISD
Posted by Texas Education on April 16, 2009
Well, not exactly, but…I got an update from the last Board meeting, sorry I missed, that they are…well here’s the update:
Capturing Kids’ Hearts Professional Development
The entire Summer Creek High School staff will be pursuing Capturing Kids’ Heart professional development training. This special training in affective development techniques will cost $67,900 and will be paid for with Federal Title II grant funds.
This is such a wonderful, and I must say, surprising thing. My heart believes so strongly in Capturing Kids’ Hearts. I do believe it has made me a much better teacher and has given me the hope, that all of us need, to know that every child deserves the best from his/her teacher and this program/philosophy does just that.
In other action, the Board approved:
- Design development plans for elementary school #26, Turner Stadium renovations and additions, and Community Learning Center renovations and additions.
- Boundary option 1 for Lakeshore Elementary. Details
- The annual AVID Membership Renewal for 2009-10 for all secondary campuses. The $42,574 is paid through the State High School Allotment fund.
- Declaring a corner lot across the street from the old Bender High School in Humble as surplus property. The Board authorized having it appraised and advertising it for sale.
- Population And Survey Analysts to begin its total Demographic Study focusing on the southeast area of the school district at this time.
- Lemons Auctioneers to provide online auction services for 31 surplus portable buildings.
- Chick-Fil-A to provide pre-packaged, ready to serve chicken sandwiches at all middle and high schools.
- SBWV as the architect for the Kingwood High softball field design work.